Thursday, February 9, 2012

End of Week 3 of Favao Reset Challenge ~ and then some...

Hello all...here is my video for the end of week 3 for the FAvao Reset Challenge...that I am STILL an 'alternate' for.  I talked about feeling great, seeing improvements in my body (especially my mid-section) and seeing more toning and definition.  It IS HAPPENING...and it does give me a boost of motivation!  Although, now that I think about things for a few days, there is more there....deeper down I suspect.

There is more to me than just FAVAO and XANGO - although that is what I wanted this blog to 'primarily' be about...but as life will have it, that is NOT the case.  I am also a mom, a wife, friend, sister, daughter, and whatever else...hopefully and inspiration as many have told me to so many people.  The 'mom, wife, and friend' part is what has affected me these last few days and I am now realizing it after yesterday.  I have been feeling a bit 'down' for the past, oh, we'll say week?  Although I do have to admit, there were about 3 days of 'drinking' w/ friends that "helped".

As most of you know I'm a mom of 4 beautiful children that I love to the bottom of my soul.  They are the light of my life and I've never wanted anything more in life than to be a mother.  I've known it since I was born I think...I just love kids, and of course, MINE especially!!!  Well...on May 29th of 2010 our 5 1/2 year old son drown on a family camping trip.  It was horrible to say the least.  It was one of those thing that you never think will happen to YOU.  You see it on the news, and think "How terrible!" and Y.E.S....it was and still is terrible, but we were those people on the news.  "Five year old boy from Latah drowns on family camping trip".....anyway.

Now, over 1 1/2 years later, here we are...still moving forward, the days DO continue to go by no matter how slow.  Not a day, or I'd have to say 'hour' goes by that I don't think about him, miss him terribly, and wish I could just go back and change 1 tiny thing - telling him to put on his lifejacket - like we did EVERY morning after breakfast...it would change my world as I know it and will forever know it!  Lesson learned - absolutely the hard way - make your kids wear their lifejackets...no matter what, no matter if they throw a fit, cry, stomp, scream...

OK...I wrote this previous part yesterday morning, I was down for a while, I'm feeling better!  All that is absolutely true, but after a night of Bunco w/ my girlfriends...and some indulgences in food and beverage, and an awesome workout today w/ some of same said girlfriends for 1.5 hrs...then an hour nap w/ my two babies, then another almost 2 hrs of working out trying to make up for my extra indulgences last night, I am in a MUCH better frame of mind.  I, and my family go through phases for hours/or days of down times, but we make it through, and a lot of it revolves around 'lack of sleep' at least for myself and my oldest daughter.  So we work on trying to keep up with our sleep time!

So, the deeper down part I talked about in the beginning is the sadness that comes w/ losing a child...and I didn't realize it was affecting me per say until my hubby said 'What are you so sad about?" and I realized...I am kinda in a funk!  But, it has passed for the time being, and until next time - there is a smile back on my face. I really enjoyed being w/ my girls - they have been there for me SO MUCH through these past 20 months and I feel SO absolutely BLESSED to have them and this small community, so much like the one I grew up in, around me for support.  My family too, is always there for me when I need them, but the daily contact and constant interaction has been a support that has been undeniable.  Thank you friends and family for being there for us and our family through such a terrible tragedy and pulling us through, and for your continued support!  I don't know where I'd be with out it.  So, onward and upward.  I'm loving the Favao program, I love that this is the occupation I've FINALLY decided I want to pursue in life...so if you or someone you know is in need of a HEALTH RESET/CHANGE in your life...please let me be the one to return the favor and help YOU!  I'm here to talk, or workout, or motivate, or just get down to business with and be your business partner.  I'm looking forward to taxes this year and see what kind of refund we can get with my 'home-based-business'...you know, HBB's are one of the largest tax credit's you can get!  There are SO many things you can put towards your business expenses etc...this is where I will REALLY find out how much $$$ I have made/saved this year by having a HBB!  How exciting is that!  Although, sadly, we have lost a child credit this year too....so that will also be difficult to swallow.  If it's not one thing, it is another - and as I'm always trying to remind my 9 yr. old - Life Is Not Fair - and we just have to learn to live with it and move forward, swallow what is thrown at you and try to make the best of it all....God is there for us, we just need to ask for his help and guidance...which I am starting to learn more about on a daily basis - also, a new venture for me!

Thanks for reading and I hope to have you back soon!!!  Here's a look at my progress so far!  There is NO faking Love Handles and chubby thighs!!!  Loving my new fitter, toner me...and only just at the end of week 3 in a 12 week reset!!!  Yea!  Contact me for more info at cook6@mail.com

Very sincerely,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Wendy!!! Love you too...hope you have been doing well, my long lost friend! Tell that handsome man of yours hello for me too! :-) and give those beautiful girls a big hug too!!!!

    ReplyDelete