Monday, January 16, 2012

A NEW BEGINNING -WEEK 1

Here's my first video ever...for me on uTube.  How exciting!  I learned so much yesterday as I was preparing to be in the Favao Challenge -as an alternate for now - maybe more later??? :-)

Today was the first day on my Week 1 Favao Lifestyle and it went well.  I'm doing the whole package this time around and have incorporated my protien, fiber, and Xango into my shake first thing in the morning...that way I'm sure to get it all in and going for the day.  Had a nice morning home with the kids...breakfast at 9 of eggs and whole wheat tortilla, salsa...I forgot to eat my fruit tho, dang it!...and then I got in my workout!   Surprising for me since I'm usually just getting done with it this late!  I've been having some trouble posting for some reason tonight, my computer says it no longer supports this blog??? What?  Anyway, when I posted my video I was able to get a spot below it to blog...so here goes, we'll see how it all turns out in the end!

My cleanse affected me a bit this morning, but I have to admit, my diet over the last few (5) days has been much less than desirable including pasta carbonera last night and Queso Dip the few days prior...etc, etc.  I was satisfying all my cravings in a span of a couple days so I am able now to buckle down!  Although I did have some cravings today, but not too bad.  I am glad I've somewhat cleaned out my cupboards of all easily accessible foods!  I also forgot to mention...I am also still taking my multivitamin from Xango '3Sixty5' and the Eleviv (http://www.eleviv.com/) (http://shop.xango.com/Shop.cfm?CurrPage=FrontPage&NextPage=CategoryDetail&CategoryID=208&pid=43999953297651556)

Anyway...the cleanse affected me about 3 or 4 times...nothing to be afraid of but 'cleansing'.  :-)  I was able to stick to my food plan for the day, and even was on schedule for the most part.  I enjoyed my foods, even tho my electricity was out for about 2-3 hours...I had my gas stovetop to heat up my Mexican Rice bowl - YUM,  and I very much enjoyed my Crunchy Chix. Apple salad today as well w/ the Golden Delicious apple.  When I dice mine up (since you only use a portion per serving) I squeeze half a fresh lemon over and stir...keeps my apple from turing brown and adds a little zing to the salad too I really enjoy! :-)  Then dinner tonight w/ chix - salsa (got out a jar of my homemade salsa...gonna have to make a lot more of that next year!), and sweet potatoes w/ the greek yogurt/stevia mix..YuM, Yum...I REALLY enjoyed my food today. 

I also noticed today that I felt a lot more alert than I have for a while!  I also didnt' have my usual full feeling after eating a big lunch...dinner.  Usually I snack from about 4 pm on through till dinner is fixed and then I sit down and have a large portion of dinner on top of it!  But, I had all my food prepared from the night before, spent about an hour getting food prepped for 2 for 2 days total...then I'll do some more tomorrow, I like to keep it fresh, and for now I don't have enough containers to do more in advance...unless I wanted to transfer into glass dishes later.  I like to store and heat all in same dish, and I DO NOT

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna say..I Do Not microwave in plastic any more thanks to my friend T! Brought me into awareness of the toxins and junk. Not good, microvave in glass, w/ microwaveable lid - NO SARAN WRAP! Also, another healthy tip! Use Baking Soda to clean any and all produce/fruit that has been handled, sprayed, etc...that you will be running knife through the outside in through the fruit...spreads all that 'junk' all over your inside of produce/fruit every time you cut through that outer later! Anyway, something is 'WHACKED' W/ MY BLOG... have to figure it out tomorrow! Thanks for tuning in!

    ReplyDelete